Candle/Wax Melt Care and Safety

Candle Safety

Instructions:

  • When you light your candle for the first time, it is important to let it burn for 2-4 hours and allow the melted wax pool to reach the edge of the container ~ The first burn is the most important for the best candle burning performance and to prevent tunneling.
  • Trim your cotton wick to 1/8" - 1/4" before relighting your candle, this will give a cleaner burn. You can use either wick trimmers, nail clippers or scissors ~ We have trimmed your wick for your first burn!
    • If soot does form inside the vessel, extinguish the flame, let cool, wipe with a clean damp cloth, trim the wick and relight.  
  • Only burn your candle on a heat-resistant, flat surface.
  • Do not burn your candle for more than 4 hours at a time.
  • Do not let your candle burn itself out. Stop use when only 1/2" of wax remains.

Remember:

  • Burn your candle within sight and keep away from flammable objects.
  • Never leave a candle unattended. 
  • Keep away from children and pets.
  • Handle with caution ~ Candle Jars and Wax Burners are HOT.  

Wax Melt Safety

Instructions:

  • Remove packaging before use.
  • Do NOT eat ~ Wax melts are not edible.
  • Do NOT add water.
  • Do NOT melt on stove top or in non-approved appliances.
  • Use only in tea-light warmers or UL listed electric warmers approved for wax melts.  Note: Different warmers will vary on results of hot throw. 
  • Stop use when only 1/4" - 1/2" of wax remains.

Remember:

  • Use only in well ventilated areas away from flammable materials.
  • Never leave a wax warmers unattended. 
  • Keep away from children and pets.
  • Handle with caution ~ Candle Jars and Wax Burners are HOT.